A. Benefits include:
- Fast Refund – Your tax return is processed quickly which means at the IRS, and in most states, you can have your refund directly deposited into your checking or savings account.
- Fast processing – Your refund is received twice as fast. The IRS and participating states can process your e-file returns much more quickly than those that are filed on paper. It saves time and brings you a faster refund of your Federal and state income tax refund.
- Improved Accuracy – Tax preparation software eliminates errors you may make, and e-file processing of the Federal and state return eliminates most errors. The error rate on an e-file return is less than 1%.
- Proof of Filing – You can meet your Federal and state tax obligation at the same time. The IRS and state agency will let you know that your return has been received and accepted.
- Convenience – At IRS and in most states you can file early and pay any balance due by April 16.
A. Federal tax payments can be made via direct debit (automatic withdrawal) or credit card. In addition some states are accepting direct debit and credit card payments. The federal and state payments are not combined. For additional information contact your state e-file coordinator .
A. California, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and New York